Saturday, June 13, 2020

The Week I "Lived" in Nashville - Part 1

In June of 2012 I accepted a job offer with a large East Coast bank that had its Data Center in Nashville, Tennessee. I flew out from Vegas, rented a car, got a hotel and drove around trying to familiarize myself with the city. Of course scouting out railroad locations was tops on the list. Nashville has been a one iron horse town ever since the L&N acquired the NC&St.L, so it's all just CSX. Oh, the job? Worked there two whole days and realized I would be better off in Hell than working for that bank, so a week later I was back on a packed full Southwest flight to Las Vegas. On landing we blew a nose gear tire and the plane felt like it was going to flip over. Fun times! Never the less, I hope the photos below show that my little adventure was not a total waste of time.


Starting out, appropriately, with sub-tropical rain. It was 76 degrees, but 100% humidity. I would have been more comfortable back in Vegas. The train is waiting for a light to cross the Cumberland River. This location is just north of downtown Nashville.


Interesting pole line on the bridge.
Peekaboo






In downtown near the old L&N Depot. Overpass with the steam locomotive motif is Demonbreun St.
Stack train is Southbound.
Changing crews. The L&N limestone depot in the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. You will not be spammed, or Underwood Ham Spreaded either!