Monday, June 18, 2018

Quicksilver Messenger Service Draws My Mothers Ire




As with many in my generation my Parents did not like Rock music. Nevertheless, once we got our first car with an FM radio, I was able to cadge some KMET listening time when we were in the car. This Quicksilver LP was big in rotation then and I was very pleased when the song came on. I can remember exactly where we were, We were westbound on I-10 at the western edge of Pomona, California about to transition to the 210 Foothill Freeway. That's when the "I smoke Marijuana" line came over. This line did not go over well with Mom. She immediately flipped the radio off, and then did a mocking parody of the marijuana line. Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. You will not be spammed, or Underwood Ham Spreaded either!