Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Digital Color to B&W - Part 1

When I first went to using a digital camera in 2005, I was intrigued that I could select a B&W option at the time of exposure. I did get some good results, but then, I was precluding myself from having a color version of the photograph. Once I discovered how easy it was on IPhoto, to create a very good black and white from a color exposure, I stopped shooting  B&W at the time of exposure. I have since moved on to other photo editors, and am now using Picasa 3.9 almost exclusively. 


This, and following posts are an attempt to illustrate techniques for turning what might be fairly ordinary color photographs into B&W photographs, that hopefully are a little more distinctive. I am starting with digital photos, and then will move to scanned slides.


Today, the B&W results. Tomorrow I will post the color versions.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. You will not be spammed, or Underwood Ham Spreaded either!