Thursday, June 13, 2013

Earning a P.H.D. on a Sunday

Port Huron and Detroit boxcar at Pico Rivera, California - 1991
Just 4 digits!

I had taken one of my weekend San Diegan trips from Fullerton to L.A. on a Saturday. This was kind of a default activity when I was bored, and just needed a train ride, and  a nice lamb sandwich at Philippe's. I spotted this PH&D car at Pico Rivera from the train. It was dark by the time I got back to Fullerton, so driving back to Pico Rivera to get the car had to wait for Sunday. I was counting on there not being any locals working that day, and drove down to Santa Fe's Pico Rivera yard the next day with high hopes, and was rewarded with the shot above of PHD 3014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. You will not be spammed, or Underwood Ham Spreaded either!