Sunday, April 14, 2013

Semaphore Drops at Stroud, Oklahoma

Frisco Oklahoma City train eastbound at Stroud, Oklahoma - September 1980

A photograph resulting from sheer luck. I had just finished dining at the marvelous Rock Cafe in Stroud, Oklahoma, on old US 66, and was leaving town when I heard an air horn. I slammed my little '78 Honda Civic to a halt ( I am parked off to the right of those tanks,) making Usain Bolt like speed to the other side of  the tracks. This Oklahoma City-Tulsa train was a once a day affair. I had just missed getting a shot of the Springfield, Mo.-Wichita Ks, train earlier in the trip, but this more than made up for it.

Frisco Oklahoma City train eastbound at Stroud, Oklahoma - September 1980

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. You will not be spammed, or Underwood Ham Spreaded either!