Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cotton Belt GP-9 in Agfachrome 64

SSW GP-9 3652 - Colton, California 1970.
Native Agfachrome 64 as scanned.

SSW GP-9 3652 - Colton, California 1970.
Agfachrome 64, sharpened and shadows darkened with Picasa 3.9

SSW GP-9 3652 - Colton, California 1970.
Agfachrome 64, warmed with Picasa 3.9

SSW GP-9 3652 at Colton, California in 1970. Photographed with Agfa ASA64 film, about $6 including a mailer envelope. Such a deal for the teenage railfan! I have not found that over the years that my Agfa slides have faded appreciably. They pretty much look as they did back from the lab. I have also not seen my Ektachrome fade very much either. I never shot anything but Ektachrome 64, and I think it makes a big difference if you don't overexpose the film. The top photo is as scanned. The middle photo has been sharpened slightly, and the shadows darkened. The bottom photo represents an attempt to rid Agfa of its biggest failing, and that is to kill the over magenta tint and try to make it look more like Kodachrome. I warmed it using Picasa 3.9, using two different effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. You will not be spammed, or Underwood Ham Spreaded either!