Sunday, May 6, 2012

Brooklyn Hauler - June 1986

SP 4383 E. the Brooklyn Hauler at Irving, Oregon - June 1986

SP 4383 E. the Brooklyn Hauler at Irving, Oregon - June 1986

SP 4383 E. the Brooklyn Hauler at Irving, Oregon - June 1986

SP 4383 E. the Brooklyn Hauler in the hole to meet Amtrak at Alford, Oregon - June 1986

The Westbound Coast Starlight rounds the Alford Curve.


Back on the main north of Alford, Oregon - June 1986

The southern Willamette Valley grows about 90% of the world's grass seed, and June is when the grass tassels, not to good if you have a grass pollen allergy.  In the last photograph above, I had waded out into the middle of the grass field. This was a big mistake. By the time I got back to my un-airconditioned Honda Civic, my eyelids began to swell up, and water profusely. Then my throat became so itchy, I wanted to rip it out of my body. I rolled up my windows on an 80 degree day, and drove as fast as I could to Albany and got a motel, and cranked the air. This is the only time I have ever had something approaching an asthma attack. The next day I chased the Lebanon job with my windows rolled up all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. You will not be spammed, or Underwood Ham Spreaded either!